The North Shore Cup race weekend (Oct 17-18th) on Lake Marion, SC is still a GO and is less than 1 week away!
We are excited to have arguably the 3 best surfski paddlers on the East Coast going head to head for the Cup, as defending champion Stellar's Reid Hyle will try and defend his title against Think's own Jesse Lishchuk and East Coast surfski champion and powerhouse Austin Kieffer of Fenn! This is going to be a great matchup and an opportunity to see where everyone stacks up against these three fast men!
We will also have a strong women's field with their own stand alone race in the 12 mile. This a going to be a unique opportunity for the women to have their own dedicated race with a separate start.
Here is updated race information:
There will be 2 race distances to be had this year; the 12 mile race for the Cup and a the 6 mile challenge for those looking for something a bit shorter.
In the 12 mile race for the Cup we will have the following categories with prize money and hardware on offer:
- Men's overall: Top 3 prize money and a $300 winner take all hotspot sponsored by Stellar Kayaks at the 3 mile mark!
- Women's overall: Top 3 prize money and a $200 winner take all hotspot sponsored by Think Kayaks at the 3 mile mark!
- Men's FSK: $100 winner take all prize sponsored by Surfski Syndicate! We require a minimum of 3 FSK paddlers in the field for this to be awarded.
- Women's FSK: $100 winner take all prize sponsored by Surfski Syndicate! We require a minimum of 3 FSK paddlers in the field for this to be awarded.
- Men's OC-1: $150 winner take all prize sponsored by Winning Health Sports Medicine! We require a minimum of 3 FSK paddlers in the field for this to be awarded.
- Women's OC-1: $150 winner take all prize sponsored by WomenCAN International! We require a minimum of 3 FSK paddlers in the field for this to be awarded.
**We will have a stand alone women's race with a separate start in the 12 mile event!!! Thanks to all of the women for registering early and ensuring this will happen. Let's get a few more registered and see if we can have a double digit women's field!**
In the 6 mile challenge we will award hardware to the top 3 overall men and the top 3 overall women.
The after race gathering and meal will be catered by our good friend and founder of The North Shore Cup, Chris Williams and Lone Star BBQ.
Additionally, we will have demos available of Think and Stellar Surfskis, as well as Jantex and G'Power Paddles, Friday and Saturday.
Also be sure and plan to join us for a low key gathering and cookout on Friday evening at the North Shore Condos near the start line. We will be paddling and doing demos throughout the day on Friday at the start finish line, so come on out then as well!
The link to registration with a list of registered paddlers at the bottom is here: http://www.eventbrite.com/e/north-shore-cup-paddle-race-2015-tickets-17287990846?aff=eac2
Also, remember, this is a full race weekend, and Sunday the fun and competition will continue with the Santee Surf and Turf Triathlon! This will be a 3 mile run, 3 mile paddle, and 8 mile mtn bike. If you are not interested in the entire race but would be interested in joining a team, contact race director Jefferson Nicholson for possible options.
The race site and link to registration is here: http://www.eventbrite.com/e/santee-surf-turf-triathlon-biathlon-registration-15389641833?aff=eac2
Please note that there is no race day registration for the North Shore Cup this year.
Very special thanks to all of our sponsors for helping make this a great race! Hope to see you this coming weekend!